LiteSpeed Web Server is a high performance, secure, easy-to-use web server. It can handle thousands of concurrent connections with a small memory footprint. Its security features also make it much less vulnerable to various attacks.
- Chunked transfer encoding
- Basic authentication (password file and LDAP backend)
- Entity tag
- Single and multiple ranges requests
- Static/dynamic response compression (gzip)
- Apache-compatible URL rewrite
- IPv6 support
- Apache mod_geoip compatible geotargeting support
Dynamic Content Generation
LiteSpeed Web Server supports the following dynamic content generation methods:
- CGI/1.1 with suEXEC
- Fast CGI with suEXEC
- PHP with suEXEC through LiteSpeed PHP SAPI (top-of-the-line PHP performance with a mod_php equivalent feature set)
- JSP/servlets (interface with AJP v1.3 compatible backend servlet engine)
- Proxy (interface with any web server/application server that supports HTTP protocol)
- Ruby on Rails with suEXEC through Ruby LSAPI module (best-in-class performance, easy deployment, supports dynamic spawning)
- Supports IP-based and name-based virtual hosting
- Virtual host templates make virtual hosting configuration easy
LiteSpeed Web Server provides the following security features:
Supports SSLv3/TLSv1. This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit (http://www.openssl.org/)
- IP Level Throttling
Network bandwidth and request rate for a single IP address can be limited regardless of the number of connections.
- Comprehensive Connection Accounting
Comprehensive control of concurrent connections allowed from a single IP address.
- Access Control
Access control rules can be set at server, virtual host, and per-directory (context) levels.
- External Application Shield
LiteSpeed Web Server shields CGI, Fast CGI and servlet engines from talking directly to web clients to ensure maximum reliability and performance.
- CGI Resources Consumption Limit
LiteSpeed Web Server prevents bad CGI scripts from overloading the server by limiting the system resources CGI applications can consume.
- DoS Attack Prevention
LiteSpeed Web Server is much less vulnerable to HTTP Denial of Service(DoS) and Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks thanks to IP-level throttling, connection accounting, and its outstanding performance and scalability.
LiteSpeed Web Server recovers from crashes instantly. LiteSpeed Web Server also runs completely in user space. Thus the server can easily switch between different versions without affecting the reliability of the operating system.
CGI, Fast CGI and Servlet engine run in their standalone processes, the reliability of web server is not affected by the quality of third party software.
- No need to build the executable yourself.
- Easy to install.
- Easy to control and configure through the WebAdmin interface.
- Sets up PHP and PHP accelerators automatically.
- Applies most changes without restarting the server.